Welcome to the BCcampus Open Textbook
Print-on-Demand digital storefront
BCcampus’ creation of open textbooks for the 40 most popular first- and second-year subjects in the province’s public post-secondary system published in an easily accessible format online.
- Selected texts made available for free online, or at a low-cost for printed versions, to instructors and their students.
- Open textbooks for courses in arts, sciences, humanities and business are a way to significantly reduce student textbook costs while giving instructors the flexibility to reformat and customize their course material.
- They are an affordable, flexible alternative to traditionally published textbooks.
- The textbooks will be created (or, where possible, re-created from existing open educational resources) by faculty or publishers, reviewed by B.C. faculty and made available under a Creative Commons license.
The B.C. Ministry of Advanced Education, Innovation and Technology funds the B.C. Open Textbook Program and BCcampus manages the Program.
– See more at: http://www.bccampus.ca/open-textbook-project/#sthash.IQ72Oz4y.dpuf